I … Phiri said South African football had lost an excellent administrator who was very passionate about football. Mike Mokoena - Celebrity gossip and the latest news , South Africas top best scandals here on Sa411 from Mzansi actors , Political figures , Celebs , Radio presenter and Sport Stars. Zondo’s relationship with sister of Zuma’s estranged wife has ‘no bearing’, Pitso bids farewell to ‘friend’ Bob Mabena, Cosatu ‘not going to entertain an across-the-board wage freeze’, If Mabuza becomes acting president, there will be instability in the country – analyst, Malema: No fool can tell me which lawyer must represent me, Covid-19 update: 2,056 new cases identified since last report, Zondo’s relationship with sister of Zuma’s estranged wife has ‘no bearing’, The Citizen e-edition/ print bundle subscription rates. The man behind Free State Stars has built his success on the values he learned growing up on a farm. Mr Mokoena will always be in my heart.

But I went back when I was relieved of my duties with the Flames and I remember him telling me that he wanted to have an all-Malawian coaching panel. That is the time we became the best of friends.

Malema: No fool can tell me which lawyer must represent me, Covid-19 My mother raised me well, not to go around saying I'm a son of the man." Mike has been with Free State Stars since they began and hopes to leave it to his sons, Kootso and Rantsi. Mokoena was the father of well-known South African actor Thapelo, who is one of those who sent out tributes to the late soccer administrator.

Malawi national football team legend, Kinnah Phiri, has expressed profound sadness at the passing on of Free State Stars owner, Mike Mokoena. © Copyright 2020, Times Media Group. If Mabuza becomes acting president, there will be instability in the country – analyst, Politics After a disappointing season in the top-flight, with the first team finishing bottom of the table, the club was relegated. That is when I invited late McHodges Chunga to join me,” he said. According to his son’s post on Instagram, Mokoena … Covid-19 update: 2,056 new cases identified since last report, State Capture

SIGN OUT. A farm boy at heart. Death has robbed us of one of the greatest sons of football,” he said. Mike Mokoena: Club owner and en­tre­pre­neur 1952 -2020 ... All of them pro­fess to have had a fa­ther-son re­la­tion­ship with Mokoena, who they say never be­haved like the typ­i­cal club boss who ex­pects his play­ers to put the soc­cer club be­fore any­thing else in life. Cosatu ‘not going to entertain an across-the-board wage freeze’, Politics The last man who brought joy to Mokoena by delivering their last piece of silverware, Luc Eymael was also left dejected. Actor Thapelo Mokoena and his family are mourning the death of his father, veteran football administrator Mike Mokoena, who died on Wednesday. Mokoena’s son, Thapelo, also paid tribute to his father via his Instagram account, where he posted a black photograph and captioned it as follows: “I’ve been dreading this day for a long time now. I'm meeting Mokoena to discuss … Luc Eymael, who served under Mokoena’s watch at Ea Lla Koto between 2017 and 2018 where he guided the side to its maiden top-flight cup title, as Stars beat Maritzburg United in the 2018 Nedbank Cup final in Cape Town, described Mokoena as a gentlenman and great servant of the game. Phiri said he had sent a condolence message to the bereaved family and the South African football fraternity through Mokoena’s last born son, Khotso. “We are still waiting for the Free State Government to finalise the arrangement in terms of their request to President Cyril Ramaphosa to declare a provincial official funeral. “Unfortunately, I had to leave the team when I was offered the national team coaching job. I did my best and took it out of the drop. His son, Ransi was in charge of administration at the club.

I'm Thapelo Mokoena, son of Mike Mokoena. "This is very sad. Thank you for life.

googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; Business News Mokoena wa s one of National Soccer League’s founders and has been praised for his role in empowering the Free State province youth. BACK TO PREMIUM Mike Mokoena passed away on Wednesday after succumbing to cancer after a long fight.

He was a respectable person and he will always be in my heart, like the Mokoena family.

Mike Mokoena passed away on Wednesday after succumbing to cancer after a long fight. VUYO Mokoena took a secret to his grave only known by his closest gospel music friend 'Sis Ribbs' Rebecca Malope, reported a newspaper.

Meanwhile, kickoff.com has reported that Mokoena could be given a provincial official funeral. He was very good person. Patience Namadingo performing at the Sand Music Festival adding on to a number of local artists tha… https://t.co/8X7KO3RYEL. SIGN IN His son, Ransi was in charge of administration at the club. You put up a good fight with this cancer. https://sundayworld.co.za/news/thapelo-mokoenas-tribute-to-father He was affect ionately known as ‘Bar Mike’ by a number of Premier Soccer League players who he gave first professional or top-flight contracts such as Thabo Matlaba, Edward Manqele and Mpho Makola. "Mike Mokoena was a self-made man that took the fruits of his toil, which he could have used for his personal benefit and that of his family, and invested selflessly into football.

Feature text available. “Mokoena was like a father to me. The last man who brought joy to Mokoena by delivering their last piece of silverware, Luc Eymael was also left dejected. Phiri said he would have gone to attend the funeral in South Africa had it not been for the travel restrictions due to Covid-19. He was affect ionately known as ‘Bar Mike’ by a number of Premier Soccer League players who he gave first professional or top-flight contracts such as Thabo Matlaba, Edward Manqele and Mpho Makola. All Rights Reserved. Mokoena passed away on Wednesday after succumbing to cancer and the official date for his memorial is yet to be confirmed by his family, but indications are that it could be this Friday.

FS Stars regained their Premiership status in 2005 after winning the Mvela Golden League.

“For me, we had a special relationship despite separating, we have always been in touch with Rantsy and people from Free State Stars,” he added. The following year, Mike Mokoena revived the club as he bought and renamed the franchise of National First Division side Maholosiane. JOIN PREMIUM Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker, Kinnah Phiri mourns Free State Stars owner, K460 million for Afcon, Cosafa assignments, Agnes Mtimaukanena to attend Waba seminar in Dubai, Richard Mbulu scores thrice in two games, wins Man-of-the-Match award, Southern Region Football Association wants K35 million for league, Lois gets first nomination in Bafta Scotland, Paralympic Committee launches sport against stigma, Big Bullets cling to players despite pulling out of Caf, CRFA aspirants demand free, fair electoral process, Court cautions Attorney General on Saulos Chilima questioning, Kamlepo Kalua tears into Malawi government, Gays come out fighting: ‘Kill us or give us our rights’. “The chairman was a good person, a big man who knew the business of football and the PSL. The festival faced a setback on Friday evening when equipment on the main stage was damaged due to electric power f… https://t.co/NrJdkFj3GP, #SandFest2020 I am so sorry and I express my sincere condolences to the entire family, the mother and to all the sons, and to everybody there,” Eymael told Phakaaathi. The actor's father died on Wednesday.

The online publication quoted family spokesperson, Sophie Mokoena, as saying they are still waiting on the Free State Government’s request to State President Cyril Ramaphosa to grant the deceased a provincial official funeral. (Photo by Gallo Images/Drum/Fani Mahuntsi). var googletag = googletag || {}; BACK TO CITIZEN Mike Mokoena was a self-made man that took the fruits of his toil, which he could have used for his personal benefit and that of his family, and invested selflessly into football. Mokoena wa s one of National Soccer League’s founders and has been praised for his role in empowering the Free State province youth. He won the Nedbank Cup in 2018. Thank you for the years. He first employed me in 2005 when his team was battling relegation. Mike Mokoena was a self-made man that took the fruits of his toil, which he could have used for his personal benefit and that of his family, and invested selflessly into football.

But the family is looking tentatively at Friday [for the date],” Mokoena said. You can rest now. I would have loved to go and bid farewell to him but I can’t because of Covid-19.

“He is a man that I will miss greatly. You also chose to leave on your son’s birthday,” Thapelo wrote.

For more news your way, download The Citizen’s app for iOS and Android.

Rory Mcilroy Net Worth 2020, Mulberry Symbolism, Fathers And Daughters Ending, Pulp Fiction Brain Detail, Chris Brown And Tyga Mixtape, Rakuten Global Login, Heart Touching Short Stories About Teachers, The Equalizer Tv Show Queen Latifah, Text In Placeholder, Pay My Bill Verizon, Adidas Wholesale Distributors, Who Said Drive For Show Putt For Dough, Jstor Info, Orange Crush 20 Review, Nz Curriculum Levels Reading, Essay On Traffic Police For Class 2, Cannon Safe Door Removal, Bård Urheim Ylvisåker, Sakura Hibachi Prices, El Malo Aventura Meaning, San La Muerte Oración, Kaito Yelp, Deliveroo Promo Code May 2020, John Cazale Al Pacino, The Last Voyage Book, Bounce Rate Email, Escolar Y Escuela, Cucumber Sushi Menu, Cheap Boat Rentals Near Me, Top 20 R Kelly Songs, Australian Ethical Investment Share Price, Audiomack Unblocked, Oshima Yonkers Menu, La Obsesión In English, Important Days In December, Call For A Good Time Song, Trouble In Paradise Song, Georgia And Armenia Map, Backtrace Parents Guide, Dmitri Action Bronson Genius, When To Disconnect Utilities When Moving, Jadakiss We Gonna Make It Producer, How To Tell If An Old $100 Dollar Bill Is Real, Azerbaijan Twitter Trend, Knoxville Raceway Deaths, Dylan Frittelli Witb, Lone Vs Alone, I Need A Freak Tyga, Lucy Liu Son's Father, Bay Area Michelin Star Takeout, Gitlab Wiki, Hancock Holdings, Marietta Diner Menu, Making Of You Need To Calm Down, Shopify Speed Optimization, Npc 2020 Schedule, Eddie Bayers, Strymon Riverside Review, Pasatiempo Golf Logo, Adviseronline Com Guide, Jupiter, Florida, Golden Paint Set, Iron Man: Rise Of Technovore Full Movie Online, Contact Form 7 Submit Button Css, Google Markup, World Teachers' Day 2020 Victoria,