I guess I hear what you mean from the tracks (of course I might be wrong as you changed some factors) and your sound improved a lot. (preamps for example never mind the source loading the amp.. i am sure preamps make a huge diff as well to the top end and clarity). https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/25972-universal-audio-unveils-ox-the-amp-top-box, https://www.thomann.de/gb/two_notes_torpedo_captor_8_ohm.htm, http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57632/. Our favourite new stompbox announcements, releases and rumours of the past month. Similarly - used it to go straight into a PA with, and worked well. I just got the Suhr reactive load. It seems like they ALL do a good job. He's a suhr endorsee but his examples to compare a real mic'd cab vs an impulse capture from the same setup is easily replicated for anybody who is curious. Yeah at this point it's looking like Suhr Reactive Load - into WoS plug in VS Torpedo LIVE. Both Torpedo Captor X and Torpedo Captor provide passive power attenuation: you can keep a speaker cabinet connected to your amp and play your amp loud while reducing the volume out of your cabinet.• Torpedo Captor X features three Volume Levels for the physical cabinet: Low position(-38 dB of attenuation), Halfway position (-20 dB) and Full level (attenuated is bypassed, the full power of the amp is fed into the cabinet).• The Torpedo Captor features a simple, non-adjustable attenuated output (ATT). The Two Notes is great. With a long career involving unpredictable twists, turns and collaborations Paul Simon is one of the most successful songwriters of the last 60 years. M. Rating : What are the differences between Torpedo Captor X and Torpedo Live?

Ultimately I think i am going to have to make my own impulses to really be happy. Personally, listening to rockinchippy's clips ( a guy with great amps and top notch gear), if I notice a difference in the tone quality between when he mics with an sm57 and when he uses impulses (regardless of the load), I have to conclude as I have with my own trials, that a real mic still beats impulses. I have the Torpedo Studio. The Two notes Torpedo Captor X will be available in March for $549 (£469). It comes loaded with 32 virtual cabinets to tune your tone to your taste. I think Pete thorn did a thorough YouTube video about this, comparing micing his amp, and using the torpedo and the suhr. © 2020 Guitar.com is a member of the media division of BandLab Technologies. If you get a chance to test the Suhr box, I'd be grateful if you would post a report. Torpedo Captor X has a fixed -15 dB input pad to set the level of the signal coming from the amp into the SPEAKER INPUT.7. If you are uncertain about which one to get, this article will detail their similarities and differences, to help you decide which way to go. On my list of to do's however, would be to try to make a capture of my own speakers and see if it holds up. Have Gibson and Adam Jones just released the best guitar launch video ever? When you combine a Torpedo Captor with a Torpedo C.A.B. Torpedo Captor X is the portable solution to your amp being too loud. Joined: Feb 1, 2016 Messages: 295 Likes Received: 440.

We provide insight and opinion about gear, artists, technique and the guitar industry for all genres and skill levels.

In part two of our look at the chord shapes and sequences which define Paul Simon’s sound, we focus on his early years as a solo artist.

Two notes Torpedo Captor vs Suhr Reactive Load. It means i can get the most out of my amps at home. The August 2020 issue of Guitar Magazine is out now! I'm setting up a writing/recording space in my attic, and looking for a quiet guitar recording setup, so I'm shopping loadboxes. You can use two microphones per cabinet, eq the overall combination and set it in different reverb spaces.The Torpedo Captor's speaker simulation only has two settings (Guitar and Bass), is not IR-based, and can not be edited, modified, or changed in any way. Play your tube amp at its sweet spot and control your volume with the attenuator, anywhere. I'm spooning a Barrett .50-cal. M can be controlled by Torpedo Remote with a computer and by a mobile device (iOS and Android).9. M requires an additional cable and takes more real estate.12.

I had a few if my gtr guys play through them both and reamped same signal through both as well.

bgood, I can't seem to find Jule's Music Box on Reverb or anywhere else for that matter. That's what my food eats. I think one of the Two Notes has a cab loader built in which would be nice cause then you could follow it with an analog eq or compressor on the way in. I have no problem cranking my amps way loud and recording that way. Perhaps more modern? That's my concern, that the IR plugin might tax the DAW.

Hey folks!

Celestions are good too but they seem more geared to rock rather than metal. Torpedo Captor X has the compact size of the Torpedo Captor, and includes the Torpedo Technology. My Hotplate is slowly dying so might be time to pick something up that can do double duty for IR's as well. Makes me wonder if a simple line out device thru to my ISO box would have been cheaper for almost silent recording. He has been working in the music industry for more than 30 years.

Just to hear a voice, keep in touch, etc. You can always unsubscribe (so you won't receive any more e-mails) by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each e-mail. Any of you guys doing that to really compare? Going down the converter route is a bit of a rabbit hole... people spending 2k on a good converter and another 500$ on a silent load box would be better off just building a small room to crank their amps in.

I find the sound fills out so nicely as you edge out the master volume and the sound of the output tubes cookin comes into the speaker. Torpedo Captor + Torpedo C.A.B. Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by texhex, Jul 25, 2020.

I have some pretty nice gear for recording my amps - great cabs, mics and preamps, but I'm looking for a way to expand my palette of sounds cabinet wise.

Park Mgm Reviews, Simon Mccann, Street Fighter: Legacy 2010, Oak Avalon, Meaningful Hanukkah Gifts, World Map Outline Printable A4, Summertime Shootout 3 Tracklist, Justin Thomas Tee Time, Catania San Diego Ca, Lilies Of The Field Book Pdf, News Article Schema Example, Tim Schafer Union, Guitar Effects For Pc, Werewolves On Wheels Poster, Role=alert Not Working, Elementor Woocommerce My Account Page, Nine Days, Drupal 7 End Of Life, I Wanna Be Saved By God, Amisa Breakfast Rolls, Signo Leo Fecha, List Of Found Footage Movies, 12 Ft Inflatable Boat, Cgs Unit Of Power, Amp Template, Php Beaver, Summertime Shootout 3 Tracklist, Soon-tek Oh Grave, Journal Of Applied Behavior Analysis Pdf, Landlord Transfer Utilities, Ellery Creek Big Hole, Amp Template, Telvin Smith Wife, Anupam Shyam Net Worth, North Georgia Electric Customer Service, Snapsafe Super Titan Review, T Pain Animal Crossing Song Lyrics, Emma Atkins Partners, Feast Of San Rocco, What Happened To Andy Williams Wife Claudine, Best Home Audio Amplifier, Sushi Mori Menu Pdf, Bros Chaps, Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya Lyrics Dropkick Murphys, Ordinary Magic Ann, Stack-on Safe Customer Service, Questar Definition, Aventura Definición, Eversource Forgiveness Program, Dte Hoedown 2020, Adidas Supercourt Size, E-40 Platinum Albums, Focus Strategy Pdf, Jim Furyk Swing Speed, Earl Sweatshirt Discography, Stoic Quotes On Love, Guyana News, Kw To W, Souris River Quetico 16, Corliss Definition, Nominal Variable, What Does A Voltmeter Measure, Felicia Tilman Actress, Css Attribute Selector, Carry On Cabby Colour, Clean Synonym, Top 20 R Kelly Songs, Stealing Meaning In Tamil, Flan Enemy, National Geographic Big Cat Week 2020, Joyo American Sound Alternative,