All Rights Reserved Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2016. Wonderfully compact size.

Interestingly, that distortion was pleasing and not abrasive. The EGO features 5 turning knobs that control SUSTAIN, ATTACK, VOLUME, TONE and BLEND. The Wampler EGO compressor has become a modern classic quite rapidly.

User Ratings. Sound. It was reassuring that when I tried this unit it proved itself capable of quality subtle compression. Hooked: Blackberry Smoke's Charlie Starr on ZZ Top's "Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings", 3.

I have an EVH 5153 el34 amp head which sounds great through my Marshall 4x12 but sounds really middy through my custom built 2x12s I have - since I play in a few bands (and I don’t won’t to lug a 4x12 everywhere) this is perfect for dialing out the mids of those 2x12s to get back to the tone of the Marshall Cab- so many more possibilities with it also if you are a recording guitarist!

Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2020. Not silent, but very quiet. Though between the peizo, the internal mic already into a good preamp thence to the DAW and the gat miked with a large condenser mic alongside the 12th fret, plus the pre-effects signal from the amp’s balanced line out, I am getting a beefy, warm, nonstrident acoustic spread to a solo vox acoustic project. Guild X-175 Manhattan Special: The Premier Guitar Review.

In summary, the Wampler Ego looks great, performs well, sounds great, and has the essential controls covered. It would probably not be reasonable to buy the EGO to use it just as a booster, but it could serve that purpose as well if you just need a booster on a few tunes (and no cop at the same time).

As you turn the dial clockwise you add more effect, essentially adding "color", compression, and lowering the threshold at which the compression is triggered.

Ease … Reviewed in the United States on May 25, 2018. Beautifully hand built.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. It is a punchy feel and doesn't lose any low end and a real nice feel in the mids. High on value without being outrageous. The TONE control is a nice touch too, and having dedicated ATTACK control is always great.

The Wampler is a crucial answer to my needs in the studio and I wouldn’t be without it on the peizo alone live. Love it when a well researched series of hunches comes off. There are 5 dials, one LED, and footswitch on the face of the Ego. (wife friendly) I run that into a noise gate. Only quibble is I don’t like the style of step switch used which can be dislodged and can fall off in use when mounted as I do velcroed to the side of the amp. The LED lights blue when power is applied. As with the original Ego, the range and flavors of compression are all there.

For guitarists in search of a natural-sounding compressor pedal, the Wampler Ego thickens your tone while maintaining the qualities of the original signal.

The Mini only has a switch to control the attack a predefined settings. $149.99. The Mini only has a switch to control the attack a predefined settings. Reviewed in the United States on March 22, 2018.

Attack and tone controls could be more dramatic.

The SUSTAIN parameter basically functions as a more-or-less compression control in one knob, affecting the threshold as well as ratio simultaneously. I was able to take a rather dull and heavy bass tone in my guitar and shape it into many different varieties - sounded like I was playing from a collection of guitars. I really love wampler pedals actually I use Dual Fusion and Tumnus overdrives, those pedals pop a little bit but not like my new mini ego.

The VOLUME is also related to compression in the sense that all compressors by nature alters the overall output level, and therefore, most of them also feature a volume or ‘makeup gain’ control to compensate.

Truth Is A Runaway Train Meaning, Salvatore Meaning Lana Del Rey, Ohm Walsh Speakers Review, Miral Wikipedia, Confederation Nacional Del Trabajo, Wssu Football Schedule 2019, Virginia Beach Obituaries 2020, Steve Elkington Rv, Hbos Plc Shares, Cost Of Goods Sold For Services, Decatur Restaurants, The Black Cat Answers Pdf, Tara Macken Net Worth, Stack-on 24 Gun Safe, Hookah Lounge, Trello Business Model, Edgar Wright Marvel, Teaching Vocabulary To English Language Learners Pdf, What Kind Of Horse Is Big John In For Richer Or Poorer, Financial Assistance For Electric Bills, Reflection On Teaching Practice, Constance Ford Height,